Monday, October 24, 2011

Sale of Art by Harold Krisel

Split Blue by Harold Krisel
Silkscreen
Included in the Permanent Collection of


Last week I posted a three part article on the late artist Harold Krisel. At the end of each article I mentioned that some of his work would be available for purchase on Fab.com and today that sale begins.

Anyone interested in seeing the work that is being offered can register Here. If you have already registered then you will be able to see the work listed when you visit Fab.com.

Harold Krisel started his career as a Bauhaus-trained architect before becoming a world-renouned artist whose bold work hangs in museums like MoMA, The british Museum and The Whitney. This rare collection of signed, original, limited-edition prints is brought to you by Krisel's grandson Matthew Langille.


Thank you for spending time at Studio 24-7. I love hearing from you and Remember:

Commenting is FREE!!!

4 comments:

  1. Terry-
    I enjoyed this latest series on Harold Krisel. His pieces remind me of art that I saw many years ago while working at a company called World Savings here in CA. The owners had an extreme appreciation for abstract/modern art (just to use those words loosely and descriptively) and each branch and office had several paintings/works in it. Many of them were similar in appearance to what you have shown so far. Your post reminds me of how interesting those other pieces were and I wonder now whatever happened to them. (The company has been sold several times over.)

    Thanks again for another great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Libby,

    Thank you for this interesting comment. It brings up the issues of ownership and non-ownership. When we sell work we relinquish control of that work. Sometimes this is great because the new owner cares/loves/respects/appreciates the work. Other times it may just be used as an accessory which can be discarded and changed as time goes on. Ownership and management of companies change and those in charge have different ideas about what they want on their wall. Museums get new directors and change their collections. People die and families may or may not appreciate the art/belongings of the deceased. That is indeed how things are found in places such as tag sales etc.

    This is not a condemnation of anyone, just an observation of how we don't ever really "own"anything. We only get to care for it for a while.

    So, those prints you remember could be anywhere. You might write the company and inquire. Could be interesting.

    Thank you for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I knew Harold Krisel many years ago when he worked with my husband at SOM. Is his wife, Rose, still alive and where can I reach her or her daughters. I have 4 wonderful lithographs of his. My name is Arline Cohen and I can be reached at: arlines@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Arline! This is very excellent. We spoke with Rose for this article and she is doing well. I will send you contact information and I'm sure the family will be thrilled to hear from you. Thank you for writing. I greatly admire Mr. Krisel.

    ReplyDelete