Monday, May 21, 2012

Clever and Sophisticated


Jessica Drenk

Soft Cell Tissue: Tubule
toilet paper, wax
20" x 24" 

Jessica Drenk is a sculptor with an eye for beauty where others might only see ordinary or perhaps ugly everyday objects.  Yes, the pictured work is made from toilet paper.  Other materials include pencils and book spines merged and carved into elegant fascinating forms.

To see more of this unique work:  http://www.jessicadrenk.com/index.html

Thank you for spending time at Studio 24-7.  I love hearing from you and Remember:

Commenting is FREE!!


8 comments:

  1. Ooh! A half hour lost in a fascinating journey via armchair travel. Thanks for pointing the way.
    Thanks for a great workshop capped with the enlightening talk. So glad we've met!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I loved meeting you as well and having the opportunity to work with you. So much fun and I'm glad you enjoyed the "trip". I'm down in LA now for a few days to soak up some love ;-) Hope we will meet again!

      Delete
  2. wow, thanks for this post... i just got lost in jessica's website. i love her use of unusual materials and the minimal color palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Drew for commenting. Jessica's work is fabulous and I loved sharing it with you.

      Delete
  3. It is so funny, I saw Jessica's work in person at the Dallas Art Fair (including the piece on the front page of her website). I thought it was just wonderful and alerted Jeanne to it. Such a small world and I see that she is located in your part of it!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rebecca! Yes, the world gets smaller and smaller. Jessica does live in my town but I do not know her...but I'd like to. Her work really demonstrates the beauty and promise of the most ordinary materials. Thanks for letting me know your response to this body of work!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for telling us about Jessica Drenk's wonderful and original work! I also spent some time looking at her website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alicia. I'm happy to know you checked out Jessica's site. The work demonstrates an exceptional affinity for the potential of materials.

      Delete