Thursday, June 28, 2012

Brain Candy



Studies from 2009.
Terry Jarrard-Dimond


An update:  My arm is still on the mend and in a cast.  It is very difficult to type so I've decided to share a few links to artists sites whose work I enjoy.

Two of the artists are painters and one works with fabric.  Those of you who have been with me for a while know I have great admiration for many forms of creative expression and believe that in order to make work that is relevant to the larger art world, we must know what is happening outside our own medium.  Be sure and look at more than 1-2 images when visiting these sites....you never what you might see that will be important to you.



Ivo Stoyanov
http://www.ivostoyanov.com/

Matthew Harris
http://www.matthewharriscloth.co.uk/cloth-echo.html

Simon Frost
http://peterblumgallery.com/artists


Thank you for spending time at Studio 24-7.  I love hearing from you and Remember:

Commenting is Free!!

14 comments:

  1. My favorite is Matthew Harris - would love to see some of his work upfront and personal. Looking forward to seeing what you create during this time period of healing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you jodi! i am working and trying to stay productive. it has been much easier for mr to sit and read :-)

      Delete
  2. Yes, I love Matthew's work. Glad your arm is mending, and this must be a good time to get inspired for your next creative push. I love your prints as well. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear connie. i too would love seeing matthews work in person. those prints need to be revisited!

      Delete
  3. It's good to hear that your arm is mending. Thank you for sharing the links. Very inspiring artwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi mia. there are so many wonderful artist in the world. happy to share links to them!xo,t

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed looking at the work of all three of these artists-thanks for sharing them with us. I love looking at art outside of the fabric medium, and I loved the big shapes of Ivo's paintings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know you love shape as it is very clear in your work. i also loved the energy his work expressed. thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed Stoyanov's work. I'm always intrigued by how much can be done with how little (on my monitor the works seem to have a limited palette), so those pieces really float my boat. Many, many interesting things at the Blum gallery as well.

    Thanks for the links.
    -Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Melanie. I really enjoyed his work as well. very lush ;-) xo,t

      Delete
  6. Thank you for introducing me to some new (to me) artists, I was particularly enthralled with Stoyanov's work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi linda! glad you enjoyed the links. stoyanov seems to be connecting with lots of my friends!

      Delete
  7. I saw Matthew Harris' work several years ago at SOFA NY and was blown away. Thanks for sharing it, as well as the others.
    Hope your arm mends well and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rayna. I would love to see Matthew's work in person myself.

      My arm is getting better everyday!

      Delete