Thursday, November 8, 2012

Morpheous Accepted into FiberArt International


Morpheous
62.25" x 59.25"
Stained Cotton Fabric
Terry Jarrard-Dimond

I am excited to announce the acceptance of my work, Morpheous, into FiberArt International.  This show will open in April 2013 in Pittsburgh and is sponsored by the Fiberart Guild of Pittsburgh.

This exhibition features a wide range of approaches to working with textiles.  Work included in the show was selected from over 1,200 works by 525 artists from 36 countries.  There were 81 pieces selected and 64 artists will be represented.

The show will also travel to locations including the San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles.  Dates and other locations will be announced at a later date.

***

Thank you for spending time at
Studio 24-7.  I love love hearing from you and
Remember...
Commenting is FREE!!!

21 comments:

  1. congratulations! it's a lovely piece -- so different from most of your earlier work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this deadline but congratulations for being part of such a prestigious and innovative exhibit. Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Terry! Love the new work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kathy, Mary Helen and Rebecca. I am looking forward to the show and hope to attend the opening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so pleased that Morpheous was chosen for this show which has been so interesting over the years - and chosen against such odds too. Congratulations! I look forward to seeing the catalogue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olga. I appreciate how difficult is get into this type show and that's part of the pleasure!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the acceptance! This is a lovely piece I really reminds me of old newspaper photos, it begs to be examined closer. I loved your Nyx piece as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorie. Your comment is about begging to to looked at closer is great!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! I'm excited for you! I love this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The judges have good taste! It is a beautiful piece. I want to stroke it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I feel very gratified. You just never know how new work will be received but, as you know, you just have to put the work out there and see what happens. I appreciate your support.

      Delete
  9. Terry I would love to see a detail.... any chance of that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Terry. I think your work is the first of its kind where I've seen someone use abstraction in the surface yet have overall sculptural structure (I hope you understand what I mean). You are controlling the 'what if' nature of your painting on fabric by using form, shape, placement, angle, etc. to create a piece that has depth and movement. I like this very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine. You definitely "get it". I appreciate your description. xo, T

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. It's a nice way to end the year.

      Delete
  12. Congratulations! It's a mysterious and beautiful piece, and much deserving of this honor.

    Dominie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dominie. I appreciate your support!

      Delete