Saturday, December 22, 2012

Day Five of Seven Days of Christmas Celebration


The real Santa?

While investigating images and ideas for this series of articles I did a search for ethnic Santas.  One caught my eye on a site titled: Rasta Livewire. Here you will find an interesting article telling the story of a man named Nicholas who the writer states is the person who inspired the idea of Saint Nicholas or Santa Claus..  The website states that the story was  fashioned after a real person named Nicholas who was  a member of the dominate class of Muurs and lived in Turkey.  I am not a historian so I have no idea as to the true history of this person but I thought it was very interesting.  You might enjoy checking out the article and perhaps expanding your idea of the origin of this popular cultural icon.

***

Thank you for spending time at Studio 24-7.
I love the idea of Santa no matter what 
the origin.  He is magic.