Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Textile Constructions Opens at Fine Art Center


Aurora - Goddess of Dawn
Terry Jarrard-Dimond
31"H x 84.5"W
Hand dyed fabric, stained fabrics, discharged fabric,
machine pieced, machine applique, machine stitched


Today is the first day of my exhibition at the Fine Arts Center in Greenville, SC.  The center is a highly acclaimed arts high school which works with talented students in Greenville County.  

The work is being shown in the Sheffield Woods Gallery and the show will be up through March 22, 2013.  During the first two weeks I will be on site during school hours working in the gallery in a studio I created complete with design wall, work tables and machine.  I'm really looking forward to that part of this residency and exposing students to some of the possibilities of fabric.

I will be posting something everyday about my activities so please check back in often.

***

Thank yo for spending time at Studio 24-7.
I love hearing from YOU so remember....
Commenting is FREE!!

13 comments:

  1. Would love to see it-love your new work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived nearby. Looking forward to reading daily posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I really like this piece. Wish I could see it in person. What a terrific venue and experience for you and for those who will see you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Gail, Mia and Christine. Today was my first day and I had my first opportunity to interact with the students. They are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terry, this is a gorgeous work! Congratulations on the show, and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. Last week was great. Refreshing and reaffirming.

      Delete
  6. Oh. My. God.
    This new work is spectacular. I could look at it for hours, and wish I could do that live and in person.

    Lucky, lucky youngsters to have you in residence!
    all best,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats and best wishes on the show - hope you inspire someone out there to pick up their scissors - some fabric and a needle! You never know where you're sewing - oops - sowing seeds!! grin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Sue, Melanie and Nina Marie. I used this piece as the center piece of the show and it's right in the main doorway.

    The students are wonderful and the facility is magnificent! big hugs to all, T

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to have an opportunity to showcase your work and also impact this age group! And !! to be able to interact with them as they experience how you create! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The students are very impressive. They come to their studios and go right to work. They have impacted me. xo, T

      Delete
  10. This is gorgeous! I'm sure your exhibition is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete