Monday, September 15, 2014

Playing Catch Up

I just read a blog by Lynn Krawczyk that I totally understood.  Her blog is Smudged Textiles Studio . Lynn expressed her realization that she needed to relax about her blog and I get it.

This summer has been a real test of my ability to juggle lots of commitments.  All of them good and from different areas of my life but a few weeks ago I found I just couldn't keep up and needed to let a few things go.  My blog was one of those things.

During this break (which will continue at least until Sept. 29) I realized I've said about all I have to say on many of topics.  I still enjoy sharing what I am working on and always enjoy posting about artists I've discovered or known for years but I've decided that I need to be more relaxed about writing an article during weeks when I'd rather be doing something else.  Done.

Next week I will be teaching at Nancy Crow's Timberframe Barn and hope to share some of that week with you.

Exploration/Evidence, my work and work by Tom Dimond, is still up at Greer Campus of Greenville Tech and Riverworks in Greenville and I invite you to drop by.  The two shows are well hung and I loved the choices the two galleries made as to what to hang.

See you soon and...

Thanks for spending time at
Studio 24-7.

7 comments:

  1. I read Lynn's blog and appreciate her honesty. That's a quality that I read in your blog, too. We tend to put pressures on ourselves. When I started my blog, it was my way of keeping a record of my artwork, exhibits and techniques for myself. Now I realize that I've been sharing what I know and don't know with others. That's kind of cool.

    BTW - Congrats on the Exploration/Evidence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mia. I appreciate you support and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO know exactly how you feel, Terry. Sometimes weeks go by when I don't have anything to say or to share ---after 5-½ years of blogging I wonder if I'm not getting stale. So I'm not forcing it and when I'm in the mood or feel like posting, I do. In between, I can only hope people will be patient and not abndon me altogether. I'm with you all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rayna. Hearing that from you makes me feel better as you do a great job with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had an unplanned hiatus from my blog in August and when I read Lynn's post, I had an "ah-ha" moment as well. Yes, authentic is always best and sharing all that we know -- not just about art, but about life as well -- makes us all the richer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vivien. You put your finger right on the important word...authentic. Let' keep it real.

      Delete