Monday, March 30, 2015

My Personal Studio Practice and Art Quilt Network




Midnight Garden - Terry Jarrard-Dimond
Fabric, Charcoal and Stitching

I'm excited to have been invited to talk at the semi-annual meeting of The Quilt Art Network in Columbus, Ohio in April.  This group of creative and dedicated artists grew from a smaller group headed by Nancy Crow and Linda Flower back in 1987 and now has a membership in access of 80.

My topic will be "My Personal Studio Practice".  This sounded like an easy topic but it has proven to be more of a challenge than expected and a much broader topic than I first imagined.  I will also be working with participants hands on and look forward to a great 3 days
.

***

Regarding my studio practice, we have continued to try and clear the way in our new location to get back to some kind of normal schedule and I can just see the light ahead.  I have managed to begin some work in a couple of different directions which is encouraging.  One of the biggest challenges is to get the big studio sorted out.  We have done most of the really hard work or I should say, Tom has done most of the hard work, but we still haven't cleared the space and set up shop.  We reached a point where we just had to take a break and take care of other parts of life.

Thanks for sticking in there with me.  I have several artists in mind for profiles I want to do soon and will be posting new work when it is ready.

***

Thanks for stopping by
Studio 24-7!


6 comments:

  1. I love these new works Terry. I recently used charcoal on textiles along with paint and had a hard time with it migrating so much. Did you use a special kind of charcoal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these new works Terry. I recently used charcoal on textiles along with paint and had a hard time with it migrating so much. Did you use a special kind of charcoal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janis. I used charcoal pencils and powdered charcoal. After you put it on you have to "adhere" it to the fabric with some sort of medium. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm going to give it another try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Valerie RichterApril 4, 2015 at 2:31 PM

    Re: Your talk in Columbus. I can't find anything about it on the website you link to. When is it? Is your talk open to nonmembers? It's not too very far from Ann Arbor. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, I think you have to be a member of the Quilt Art Network to attend but thank you for checking in. I may be in Michigan sometime this fall. I'll keep you posted.

      Delete