Monday, March 30, 2015

My Personal Studio Practice and Art Quilt Network




Midnight Garden - Terry Jarrard-Dimond
Fabric, Charcoal and Stitching

I'm excited to have been invited to talk at the semi-annual meeting of The Quilt Art Network in Columbus, Ohio in April.  This group of creative and dedicated artists grew from a smaller group headed by Nancy Crow and Linda Flower back in 1987 and now has a membership in access of 80.

My topic will be "My Personal Studio Practice".  This sounded like an easy topic but it has proven to be more of a challenge than expected and a much broader topic than I first imagined.  I will also be working with participants hands on and look forward to a great 3 days
.

***

Regarding my studio practice, we have continued to try and clear the way in our new location to get back to some kind of normal schedule and I can just see the light ahead.  I have managed to begin some work in a couple of different directions which is encouraging.  One of the biggest challenges is to get the big studio sorted out.  We have done most of the really hard work or I should say, Tom has done most of the hard work, but we still haven't cleared the space and set up shop.  We reached a point where we just had to take a break and take care of other parts of life.

Thanks for sticking in there with me.  I have several artists in mind for profiles I want to do soon and will be posting new work when it is ready.

***

Thanks for stopping by
Studio 24-7!