Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 2 - Fine Arts Center Residency


Sculpture by John Acorn
Main lobby - Fine Arts Center

Today I gave my image presentation to both the morning and afternoon art students.   I shared with them a look into how my work has developed from graduate school to present day.  They had very mature questions and it was a delight.  Between presentations I was able to check the work I did yesterday, touch up some of the pieces and heat set everything.  Their very kind and helpful custodian got a big laugh out of me standing in the gallery ironing.  





Alice Neal

I failed to note the title of this piece but it is part of the FAC's art collection.  They have many pieces by major artists as well as artists from the area including one of my sculpture pieces.  I'll take a phone to share tomorrow.  This Alice Neal piece was purchased by the school a few years ago with profits from a drink machine.  The school no longer has such a machine.  The white crescents in the image are reflections of the lights.





This shot of one of hallways shows more of their collection which has paintings, sculpture, prints, ceramics, enamels and more.  The large sculpture pictured above is by Pendleton, SC artists John Acorn.  John is a very respected artists and former chair of the art department at Clemson University.  This work is one of two major works on the FAC campus.  I'll put the second piece on my list of things to document tomorrow.

I quickly laid out an idea for a piece with the new fabric.  We'll see tomorrow if I can resolve the work and begin to sew.

***

Thank you spending time at studio 24-7.
I'm having a great week and I hope you are as well.
Don't forget....
Commenting is FREE!!!