Monday, June 20, 2011

Anna Torma - embroidery

Since my collaboration with Kathy Loomis which used blind embroidery and my post on the Boy Code work of Wendy Osher, I have been investigating the work of artists who use embroidery as their primary technique. The work of Anna Torma has been high on my list and today I found a wonderful article on her work by Elvis Robertson.

Here is a link to the article: lovely textiles: Anna Torma - embroidery

I felt this article was so excellent that I would share it with you. The blog is titled Lovely Textiles and is maintained by Elvis Robertson whose work is also wonderful. During this investigation I also found an interesting interview with Elvis that you might enjoy. Our English sisters certainly have a way with embroidery.

Here is another link you will enjoy from Christine Mauersberger on Anna: http://cmauers.blogspot.com/2010/09/anna-torma.html

If you enjoy the articles on the blogs, please let the bloggers know by leaving a comment.



Thank you for spending time at Studio 24-7. I love hearing from you and Remember...

Commenting is FREE!!!


6 comments:

  1. Loved the article on Anna Torma.It inspires me to get out my floss and just let my imagination take me away. No boundries, pure joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Janice. Anna's work is just fantastic! Hope you have a great time with your floss ;-[)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry, I'm not surprised that you like Anna's work. I blogged about her last year!
    http://cmauers.blogspot.com/2010/09/anna-torma.html
    Also, I was completely unaware of Elvis Robertson. Whoot! I am in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Christine! I'm adding your blog post to the links!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you think there's something in the water in Canada?
    Lovely and inspiring. Thanks for all the links.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The work is both lovely and inspiring. I'm for drinking in all the water! Thank you for commenting.

    ReplyDelete