Monday, June 20, 2011

Anna Torma - embroidery

Since my collaboration with Kathy Loomis which used blind embroidery and my post on the Boy Code work of Wendy Osher, I have been investigating the work of artists who use embroidery as their primary technique. The work of Anna Torma has been high on my list and today I found a wonderful article on her work by Elvis Robertson.

Here is a link to the article: lovely textiles: Anna Torma - embroidery

I felt this article was so excellent that I would share it with you. The blog is titled Lovely Textiles and is maintained by Elvis Robertson whose work is also wonderful. During this investigation I also found an interesting interview with Elvis that you might enjoy. Our English sisters certainly have a way with embroidery.

Here is another link you will enjoy from Christine Mauersberger on Anna: http://cmauers.blogspot.com/2010/09/anna-torma.html

If you enjoy the articles on the blogs, please let the bloggers know by leaving a comment.



Thank you for spending time at Studio 24-7. I love hearing from you and Remember...

Commenting is FREE!!!