Monday, March 10, 2014

New Encaustic Painting and Taxes


Untitled - Terry Jarrard-Dimond
Encaustic Painting - 8" x 8"

Last week I took time to continue my work with encaustics.  This process is very unique and challenging and very engaging.  I have chosen to work small and with a limited palette as I begin to understand how to work with the materials to get the results I want.  The edges of the above image is cropped only because this is a very casual shot of the piece and it was photographed on a white wall so part of the work blended with the wall.  The edges are much softer at this point.

Most of this week will be taken by preparing my tax information.  Record keeping isn't my strong suit so this is always a trauma.  I took one of those online "test" recently to see if I am right brained or left brained.  My results said I used the two sides of my brain equally.  Interesting.  I know I certainly don't utilize the part dealing with numbers very well.  You don't want me to keep your inventory records or balance your check book.  Thank goodness for computer programs.

Have a good week friends and I'll see you on the other side of my tax week from hell.

Thanks for stopping by
Studio 24-7 
or
Bad Accounting 101