Monday, August 23, 2010

Excellent Guideline for Show Entry Preparation and Update On Young and Talented



Curator Gayle Prichard and Betsy Manderen during opening of
Artist As Quiltmaker


Ohio artist, curator and author Gayle Pritchard has written an excellent article I want to share with you covering all the preparation required for entering Juried Competitions. The article was published on Subversive Stitchers: Women Armed with Needles.


Thank you Gayle. I was surprised to hear your comments regarding non-delivery of work which had been juried into exhibitions.




Logan pictured with fabrics she designed and screened.

My second update is on my student Logan. As I mentioned in her article, she attended a summer program for high school students this summer at the Rhode Island School of Design. Today I received photos of the silkscreen work she completed AND her designs for a potential Prom Dress.




Concepts for Prom Dresses made from fabric Logan screened this summer during her time at RISD.


Thank you for sharing time with me here at Studio 24-7. I love hearing from you!